WARNING! ONLY USE THIS ON THE GT-I9195 MODEL!
Hello all S4 Mini owners!
I’m happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery and an insecure kernel for the GT-I9195. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.
Attached to this post is the necessary files needed for this task. Download the following files:
- Odin_v3.09.zip (if don’t have it already)
Extract recovery-clockwork-18.104.22.168-serranoltexx.tar.zip file to your computer.
The procedure is as:
- Copy the “GT-I9195_RootKit_v2.zip” to your device SD card.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
- Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
- Start Odin, uncheck “F. Reset Time”, and then click AP button.
- Select “recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-serranoltexx.tar.md5″ file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
- After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
- Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
- After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.
To get rid of the the warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app
Files for download: